Monito multi-monitoring checker
Monito is a simple tool to query monitoring servers and display results in the Gnome-Shell panel.
If you install from sources/scratch, put the sources into the ~/.firstname.lastname@example.org directory. Then build the schema using either make schema or glib-compile-schemas --strict schemas/.
Once this is done, reload gnome-shell (Alt-F2) and execute gnome-tweaks to enable the extension or alternatively the following command gnome-extensions enable email@example.com.
This extension has been developed for my own needs. I will maintain it and add features but it may be very crude, compared to the excellent nagstamon package, which only missed the ability to be put inside of the gnome-shell panel (this could not be developed).
Things I plan to add at some point or another:
- Buttons to operate on services à la nagstamon (recheck, connect via SSH, etc.)
- Filters to hide services (handled, scheduled downtime, host down, ...)
- Support for other free (as in free speech) monitoring servers
- Choose which columns are shown in services result
Things I will be unlikely to add unless a patch is provided:
- Notification for new alerts
- Display list of down hosts (I am not interested in host monitoring but services)