@ -1,6 +1,8 @@
* Prepare the ../release-notes.rst
* Prepare a new version
.. code:: sh
@ -22,5 +22,6 @@ independant infrastructure.
@ -0,0 +1,21 @@
The icinga client address was `hostvars[inventory_hostname]['ansible_host']` prior
to 2.1.11. It now is `icinga_client_address` which defaults to `hostvars[inventory_hostname]['ansible_host']`.
It can be used to resolve the following problem:
* The icinga master has a private IP and no public IP
* The icinga master goes through a router with a public IP
* The icinga client has a public IP which is the default for `icinga_client_address`
* The icinga master tries to ping the icinga client public IP but fails because the firewall of the client does not allow ICMP from the router public IP
The `icinga_client_address` of the client is set to the internal IP
instead of the public IP. The ping will succeed because the firewall
allows ICMP from any host connected to the internal network.