Instant messaging documentation - by Tykayn
========= here is detailed the progress and the state of wondering. By now, the IM (Instant messaging) aims to be a simple frontend over the direct message structure.
what is done
The IM is able to
list followed accounts by the user
- retrieving contacts from the DB
talk one to one with an account
- the input is a simplified compose form, it has predefined settings to have only one recipient. It uses the same mecanism than the compose form to send a private / direct message to somebody. other mentions of persons are not yet recognised.
components used by the IM are listed under the folder
the addition of bulma CSS enables a reliable set of css classes to have a cool layout and tooling.
style dedicated to the IM is added in the mastodon style folder
Work in progress
- retrieve contacts, just like in http://localhost:3000/web/accounts/1/following
- open a new conversation when we click on an account in the contact list
find how it is already done to:
- retrieve a conversation like http://localhost:3000/web/statuses/103356660630283894
- subscribe to the new messages of a conversation
- send a direct message
- display a page with the routing system
Paths to explore, reflexions
I would like ideally the IM to be able to:
- send pictures just like in normal messages
- be end to end encrypted
- be able to be a bridge with some other messaging, like Matrix does with IRC and a lot of other.